General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Protecting your personal data and sensitive information is one of our highest priorities. We are therefore currently working to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will come into effect on May 25, 2018.
What is the GDPR?
GDPR is a new regulation designed to protect the personal data of all individuals within the EU. It is a far-reaching reform in EU data protection laws and has a global impact on how companies use personal information. The new regulation will apply to companies located within the EU or companies that hold personal data of individuals within the EU.
What are we doing to prepare for the GDPR?
We are preparing for compliance with the new regulation by:
• Ensuring that we have adequate information security processes
• Making sure that our employees have signed appropriate confidentiality commitments
• Providing training to raise employee awareness about the new regulation
• Appointing personnel to manage data protection issues and seek ongoing counsel
• Engaging with our vendors under appropriate agreements
• Adapting the contracts with our customers to include the necessary requirements, as provided below
How can you prepare for the GDPR?
As part of our efforts to comply with the new regulation, we are offering our customers a Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) that reflects our commitment to protect your data according to the GDPR. To view the DPA, click the link at the end of this article. If you require a signed copy, please send a copy of your DPA to contact@OAOsolutions.com and we’ll countersign it.
For more information about the GDPR, visit the official GDPR website of the European Union.